Monday, November 29, 2010

Cat Confessions

Tonight was our first game of the season. We lost. But I when I think back to this game in ten years, I probably won't remember whether or not we won. I think I will only remember the confession made in the locker room afterwards. One of my players announced to the team, "When I took that first shot, I pooped my pants a little." I whipped my head around to look at her incredulously, assuming I had misheard or misunderstood her. But I hadn't. She said when she landed, a little just shot out. After we picked up our jaws from the floor and recovered from our fits of hysterics, I told she should not tell people this. Ever.

"Yeah, I probably should have just told you, Coach."

"No. No, poopy pants. You shouldn't even have told me. I will now tease you mercilessly about it. That confession should have gone with you to the grave."

Then I felt guilty for all my diaper jokes and decided to relieve some of my guilt by making a few of my own confessions.

Confession # 1 I am 28. I am single. And I have a cat. Go ahead. Start making the assumptions. My family was watching "Modern Family" and the nerdy younger sister asked, "If dumb boys like dumb girls, and smart boys like dumb girls, what do smart girls get?" Phil answered, "Cats mostly," and my family turned to look and laugh at me. But I don't care. Dotty is awesome and I might just write a post about how great she is. Matter of fact, as I type this, she is sitting on my stomach giving me a free massage. Sure, it's a little painful since she's digging her claws into my skin but it's the thought that counts.

Confession # 2 Not only do I have a cat, I talk to her. And she responds. Recently she found me downstairs and meowed in a tone that I knew she was trying to tell me there were ants in her food. Sure enough, I trotted upstairs to discover the ants and was amazed by our communication skills. I told this story to my brother, boasting of my cat-communicating abilities and he replied, "Katie, do NOT tell other people about this."

Confession # 3 Some of Dotty's claws have started falling out and I've saved a few... and considered making a necklace out of them. It's not a sincere consideration- I mean, I haven't bought the materials for it. But I do have a few claws currently sitting on my nightstand. It reminds me of when I used to get my warts frozen off and I would save them to mail to friends. I don't think I actually ever followed through though so I just had a desk drawer with envelopes containing my frozen warts.

Here is my first post about Dotty. I'm sure more will follow.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud to have a friend who is honest enough to post this...also a little weirded out, but mostly proud :) (If it helps, I am apparently the type of person who uses smiley faces in blog comments).

    ReplyDelete