Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Resolve To...

I'm procrastinating. I have a stack of 47 essays staring at me like the creepy Geico commercial eyes but I'm turning away and finding something else to do. So I'm reading blogs. And they've inspired me to write my own since it is the first of the year and all. Nothing too original or insightful but I really can't face reading another boring essay about Ulysses and it seems productive to make some resolutions. So here's my first post of the new year:

What I resolve to do in 2011:

* I will admit when I'm wrong more quickly.

* I will start looking at my bank statements.

* I will write on this blog more often.

* I will eat vegetables at least twice a week.

* I will yell less at other drivers.

* I will send more hand-written letters to friends.

* I will start returning Redbox movies on time.

* I will start returning text messages.

* I will skip more often.

* I will be more intentional.

* I will start admitting when I don't hear what someone has said and need it repeated.

* I will try to acquire a taste for coffee.

* I will spend more time in prayer.

* I will stop looking at my snot every time I blow my nose.

* I will pay more attention to the news.

* I will be more patient with my students. Even the ugly and obnoxious ones.

* I will check my e-mail less.

* I will come up with new ways to make people awkward.

* I will get to know my neighbors.

* I will eat more Indian food.

* I will spend less time looking through strangers' albums on facebook.

* I will finish blogging about Trent and I's Europe backpacking trip that we took in 2008.

* I will try new flavors of juice.

* I will daily ask God to show me His will for my life.

* I will walk to school more often.

* I will stop telling people about the "poor circulation" in my hands.

* I will floss.

* I will sing louder in the shower.

* I will back up the files on my computer.

* I will give more gravediggers and punch more sandwiches.

* I will say, "thank you" more often.

* I will use the fist pump more frequently.

* I will come up with new ugly faces.

* I will stop procrastinating and grade essays in a more timely fashion.

Your turn. What are some of your resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. Blog more then once a year- First I will have to do last year's high/low

    Update my blog to show all three kids

    Run faster then a 12 minute mile and further then 2 miles 3 times a week

    Grocery shop more often (this week our cupboards were down to a bag of marshmallows that were actually supposed to be amo for boys guns)

    Read more with Hudson

    Memorize more scripture with Vander

    Work on Logan's baby book while he's actually a baby

    Only say kind things

    Go on two dates a month (without the kids)

    Bring all three kids with me to drop off Vander at school without getting frazzled

    Savor these rich moments where my boys want me to lay in bed with them, tell them bible stories over and over and snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing, Heid.

    I liked your annual blog posts but I will definitely like more frequent ones. You have to write about all the bizarre things your boys say. Your first post should be entitled "Hudson's Hot Poop" or "Why Vander Takes His Shirt Off To Go Number Two." Just some options.

    Our run the other day was for sure faster than 12 wasn't it? Maybe not since we stopped to pick and eat a sour, gas-inducing orange.

    Yeah, your cupboards are pathetic. I'm glad that made the list.

    That's a great one about saying kind things. Was that a subtle hint to me as well? Can you add "true things" to your list because it's getting ridiculous how often I believe your weird lies.

    Ironically, Christy just asked me if I babysit often for you so you and Dan can have date nights. Guilt check. Know that you've got a ready, able, and free babysitter when you need her. I may even bring "the bag."

    "Snuggle" almost made my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm....

    Get back to my "pre-marriage & nursing school" weight :-)

    Dance and not care who is looking

    Have a dog....place to live....and a baby. ( do these count as resolutions?!!?)

    Read the Bible from start to finish. Every year I say I will start with Genesis Ch.1 and go straight through but I always end up just choosing different books. This year, I'm going to do it.

    Write my nieces and nephews once a month because they are at an age where they love getting mail.

    Finally start doing all the craft projects and baking ideas that are sitting in a folder on my computer.

    Limit my time on facebook. It's ridiculous how much i check it because I get bored studying.

    Only shop or eat out with coupons

    Work on being patient with God. Should be something I already do, but I'm horrible at waiting for His timing and letting go to follow His plan. I know more than ever 2011 will push Trav and I to be better at this.

    Keep our room clean. Sometimes it's so hard when you just live in a room and we have more stuff in it than space for it. I need to be better about not making "piles" and instead be more organized.

    Wash my car more than once every 3 months :-)

    Attempt new recipes that are challenging.

    Go puddle jumping every time it rains.

    Make a photo book of my Kenya pics and memories. It's long overdue and I just keep putting it off.

    Pass my state boards the first time.

    ReplyDelete